Saturday, August 25, 2007

August Twilight



Just after I left the airport to head home after work last night, a glimmer of light over the mountains across the bay caught my eye. I pulled into the parking lot at the base of the Spit and watched the moon rise.

We had some thundershowers yesterday--an event so uncommon that I had to leaf through the handbooks to figure out the proper way to code it into our weather observations. Pilots reported several lightening strikes and the humidity increased to such an extent that low stratus clouds lingered into the evening. But by 9:30, the skies had cleared, leaving this vista.

1 comment:

Jill Homer said...

Hi,

Just found your blog through the cross-link. So happy to see a Homer blog out there! Thank you for all of the beautiful pictures of the home I left behind.