Monday, December 3, 2007

Dawn Over Kachemak Bay

Daybreak over the Kenai Mountains
click for larger


A sunrise for a change. Taken yesterday morning from the usual location: the southeast side of the airport where I work.

I have dozens of pictures taken from this spot. Every day I think, "I have enough pictures of sunset over the Inlet. I won't take my camera to work today." But I do, and I end taking pictures, trying to capture what doesn't seem to translate well on film.

Daybreak is more problematic. From my vantage point, there are too many man-made obstruction to make for a picturesque photo. But this time of year, the sun has drifted far enough south so the obstruction are minimal.

Anyway, the photo is cross-posted from my daily-life blog just because I really like how it turned out.

No comments: