Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Late January Sun

I felt well enough today to stand around outside for a while as Denny worked on some projects. The movement and fresh air felt good after being inside for so long. The afternoon temperature was in the mid-teens. My feet got cold because I had taken the felt liners out of my boots. I bought new liners last year and the boots have been too tight ever since. I may have to wear them with heavy socks in the future because although I hate having cold feet, I hate having cramped toes even more.



As the sun climbs higher in the sky with each day's transit, we are beginning to feel some warmth from it. Water was dripping off of the roof in places and under the blue sky, the snow took on a warm softness.




As the long shadows indicate, the sun is still far to the south even at midday.

The Chevy pickup--parked in the shadows on the north side of the house--wore a beard of icicles.



Click for larger views...

No comments: