Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ah, Springtime in Alaska!

So, I *really* wasn't expecting to wake up to three inches of snow this morning.

I mean--I know it is still April and anything is fair, but just last night I was happily playing in the melt water in the driveway, creating clear pathways for the flowing water with the hoe.

Then this...



It continued to snow with such determination that I figured I should go into town to run my errands early in case the road into our subdivision got too bad later in the day.

As it was, just getting out of the driveway and to the highway was dicey in places. But by the time I got to the bottom of Baycrest Hill, the snow was melting on the roadway.



I hurried through my errands but had to stop and take a picture when I saw these two moose cross Main Street and walk across the parking lot at NAPA.



Just another Spring day in Alaska...

No comments: